Monday, June 11, 2012

Cucumber Sandwiches

As I was looking for something to make for supper, I decided that I would use some of my fresh herbs that I am growing on my back deck. I found a recipe that sounded great but I couldn't use half of the ingredients since they called for cheese or milk. So, I tore the recipe apart and created my own. This cucumber sandwich is wonderful and packing a lot of heat. I love things that are spicy hot and fresh. If you want, cut the herb portions in half to take down the heat. I hope you enjoy this sandwich as much as I do.

My Little Herb Garden.

Cucumber Sandwich



Ingredients:
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1 Tbs. Lime juice
1 Banana pepper
1 Garlic clove
4 Slices of bread
1Tbs. dairy free butter
1 Tbs. Mayo dressing
1/2 Cucumber seeded and thinly sliced

Method:

1) In a food processor combine cilantro, mint, lime juice, banana pepper and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped.



2) Spread one slice of bread with butter and the other with Mayo.

3) Place cucumbers on buttered side and spread on the Mayo side.



4) This will chill for up to 4 hours.



Makes 2 sandwiches.

I apologize for the pictures as I could not find my camera and had to take them with my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment