Monday, May 7, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

As I prepare to go on vacation, we are trying to finish eating everything in the fridge. In our house, the bread was the first to go, as this is the girls' favorite. I usually make our own as it is cheaper and dairy free. I looked in the flour bin to see if I have enough to make more bread, nope, I have about 2 cups. What can I do with 2 cups, dairy free, and something similar to bread? Muffins, or as my daughters would call them, "fuffins!" I had some left over frozen blueberries, so this was going to be great. I found my recipe online at www.egglesscooking.com. So, without anymore delay, here are vegan blueberry muffins. Enjoy!

VEGAN BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Lemons For Lemon Zest
  • 3/4 to 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Milk, any (I used Soy Milk)
  • 1/3 cup Canola Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract (I did not use it)
  • 1 tablespoon White Vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
  • 1 and 1/2 cups Fresh OR Frozen Blueberries


Method:

Preheat the oven to 375F for 15 minutes. Lightly grease a muffin tin. 

In a medium bowl, combine together flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest



 Opps, Olivia got the salt on her foot.

 

In a large bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, extract, and vinegar. Mix well.


 Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just combined. Don’t over stir.


Gently fold in the berries using a rubber spatula.





Fill the muffin tins about 2/3rds full.

Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 22 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. After that remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment