Thursday, March 13, 2014

Veggie Skillet

I have decided to branch out of my comfort zone of cooking and create my own recipe. I was looking at some skillet recipes online but they seem to be bland or required items that I didn't have. The recipe that I created was inspired by this zucchini skillet recipe. My family loved this, except one child who picked out the zucchini. It turned out better than I had imagined. I hope you enjoy my version of this recipe.

Veggie Skillet



Ingredients:

Spices not pictured.

1 tablespoon Coconut oil

1-1/2 cups quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini

1/2 cup diced red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers

2 garlic cloves

1/4 cup cashews

1 can (15 oz each) organic black beans, rinsed

1 large can, crushed tomatoes,undrained

1 cup brown rice, cooked

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Coriander 

1/2 tsp. Turmeric




Method:

1) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. 

2) Add zucchini, bell pepper and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.


3) Add beans, cashews, spices, and rice. Stir.


4) Add undrained tomatoes. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Let boil until rice absorbs juice from tomatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment